On the topic of skincare — removing any unnecessary (and scary!) chemicals from my regimen became a priority this year. It was difficult making the transition, but once I began to dig, I discovered that most skincare companies are working towards a similar goal - focusing on high-quality, functioning skincare, minus the junk. Moving forward into the new year, I plan to continue the hunt for the same type of products and I'm sure by 2015, I'll have a few new staples to share with you all. But for now, here's 14 of my favorite skincare products from 2014:
1. Boscia Detoxifying Black Cleanser: This product was a huge win for me over the summer months, as the gel-based cleanser helped rid excess oil (thanks to humidity) and detoxify my skin (thanks to margaritas). It warms on contact, too, which made it feel like a mini-spa treatment every night that it was applied.
2. Arcona Raspberry Clarifying Bar: This simple cleanser works for a variety of skin types. I like to cut the bar into wedges (to save on product) and pair with my Clarisonic Mia.
3. Clarisonic Mia: If you're looking to invest in a Clarisonic, save the cash and spend on the Mia, rather than the larger version (unless you are looking to use it for the body). I use this on the regular and truly cannot live without it, especially in the colder months when exfoliation is key.
4. Perricone MD Nourishing Moisturizer: A basic moisturizer that nourishes and protects skin like no other. It worked perfectly year-round - not too heavy in the summer and just right for winter (with the option of adding in a few drops of a face oil if needed).
5. Nude Skincare ProGenious Treatment Oil: If you haven't jumped on the face oil bandwagon, I suggest you do in 2015. The benefits are outstanding and NUDE's oil is right at the top of my list. Read more about my affinity for the product here.
6. Caudalie Beauty Elixir: Nobody does beauty mist quite like Caudalie. This cult favorite has been a staple in my regimen for years now - it aides in setting makeup, hydrates the face, boosts radiance and more.
7. Nude Skincare Detox Brightening Fizzy Wash: I've proclaimed my love of this product on the blog before, but if you need a reminder, this vitamin-C rich cleanser gets skin so baby soft, you'll wonder how you ever lived without it, I know I can't.
8. Tata Harper Resurfacing Mask: This is more of a "skin glowing" mask than an "exfoliate the skin" mask, which is actually a great staple to have in your regimen. I found myself slathering this on the night before a big day, a special event or a date night with the hubby.
9. First Aid Beauty Eye Duty Triple Remedy: Simply put, you need this in your morning regimen. The applicator is my favorite part about this product, as it mimics the shape of a pinkie finger, cooling the eye area on contact and de-puffing eyes instantly.
10. AHAVA Extreme Firming Eye Cream: I picked this up right before my 29th birthday, as the "Extreme Firming" spoke to me (aka, a year away from 30 made me do it) and was pleasantly surprised. It's hydrating (which is what you want in an eye cream), applies well and loaded with anti-aging ingredients.
11. TULA Illuminating Face Serum: I typically take 30-60 days to truly decide how I feel about a skincare product and most importantly, if I would recommend it on-air and to clients. TULA's serum was a game-changer in every sense of the word. This probiotic-rich product brought balance to my skin by clearing up my acne and adding much needed moisture to it. It earned a permanent spot on the skincare roster within just one week.
12. Perricone MD Ester Face Serum: Simply put, you need vitamin C in your regimen in you're concerned about aging, suffer from pigmentation or have lackluster-looking skin. This serum is an investment, but worth every.single.drop. It's truly changed my complexion and lightened up the pigmentation along my jawline within 3 months.
13. Skyn Iceland Firming Eye Gels: Between early call times and frequent traveling, these eye masks have been my savior lately. They awaken the eye area, prep it for makeup and keep it firm with a list of antioxidant-packed ingredients. If you have a special event coming up in 2015, these are definitely worth looking into.
14. Weleda Skin Food: This product has been a hand cream, chapstick, cuticle saver, cracked skin soother and total staple through the fall/winter season. I never leave home without it.
Stay tuned for my 14 in '14 makeup picks tomorrow!